Author Topic: Suggested rule changes for next edition  (Read 3931 times)

LawrenceG1

• Bd(O)
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested rule changes for next edition
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 11:18:03 AM »
Conventional wisdom is that in mounted combat, a good rider will beat a good fencer. Given that (according to a camel tour operator that I travelled with) a camel is closer to a cow than to a horse in terms of controlability, the ability of a cameleer to be a "good rider" is significantly limited.

grandad

• Hd(I)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »
Thanks, Lawrence.
The more I think about Camelry and the contents of the SoA thread, the more I incline to the view that the factors in DBMM for this troop type are reasonable. I suppose that the charge by Lawrence’s group which overturned the Turkish cavalry can be achieved if the former were treated as Cm(S), or the latter as simply very unlucky!
However, I still think the base cost is a bit too much.

Orcoteuthis

• Kn(O)
    • View Profile
    • Alhazred (in Swedish, but a picture says more than a thousand words in any language)
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 10:37:56 AM »
I don't have a firm opinion on Cm (S), but Cm (O) are definitely overcosted. There's no way they're in general more useful than Irr LH (O) who have the same factors, far better manoeuvrability, and less tendency to be destroyed by foot. Sure, they scare Cv and Kn a bit, but at 2:3 they're likely to lose anyway, and the dune trick is quite situational.
Andreas Johansson