Author Topic: Book 4 and Rules v 2  (Read 2246 times)

Barritus

Book 4 and Rules v 2
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
G'day folks

Is there any news on when List Book 4 or the new version of the rules will be out? My curiosity was picqued when I saw an email advertising the IWF event in New Zullund in February 2011, and noticed that DBMM wasn't on the list.

I haven't been on the DBMM email list since the end of January, and in fact haven't played a game since then either. Frankly, the lack of meaningful progress in the rules and list book had left me severely disillusioned, and my mood wasn't improved by hearing reports of more of the same in recent weeks. This has led most of the remaining DBMM players here in Canberra to give up on the game altogether.

Are people actually playtesting the rules? Are there any DBMM competitions happening anywhere? Are there any prospects for DBMM?

arnimlueck

Re: Book 4 and Rules v 2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:39:57 AM »
DBMM 2.0 seems to be close to publication. First 1.1 test tournaments where run (Milano was commented quite a bit). We had a tournament with 1.1 rules just this weekend in Ulm/Germany.

Book 4 I do not know. Seems we need to wait a little more.

rob

Re: Book 4 and Rules v 2
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:35:53 PM »
Hi

DBMM v2 is now frozen and sent to the printers. I am very happy with the finished product, but mainly as an evolution/bugfix of v1. There has been very little re-working of entire mechanisms.

I think PB will be trying to finish Bk4 quickly as there are a bunch of other projects he has in the q, OTOH he has always slipped his deadlines so that is likely again :-)

rgds
rob