Author Topic: The new DBMM edition  (Read 2680 times)

landmeister

The new DBMM edition
« on: August 16, 2008, 10:58:38 AM »
I'm reading at the yahoo list some calls to the author for a new edition of the rules, including more examples and a more comprehensible text. Does anyone know the intention of the author?

Thank you

Platypus

Re: The new DBMM edition
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
I think the intention of the author is to release a 1.1 update. If it is anything like his previous updates it will be a couple of pages of things like 'p20, 2nd para, 3rd sentence, line 6 replace "with" with "not with"' or something like that.

As he mentioned on the yahoo list, it will clear up some language, fix typo's and "boo-boo's" rather than a new edition.

If it follows previous patterns, when they runout of printed rules, Phil will incorporate the update and then change things for a new edition. I suspect this will be sometime much later.

G^is,
JohnG

landmeister

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:36:15 PM »
I see. Bad news after all.  :-[

Thank you

Valentinian Victor

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 04:43:33 PM »
There is quite a bit of 'clarification' Phil is going to have to do, the Ps(O) 'support' questions, the Feigned Flight and Spontaneous Advance question, combat queries etc.
To be honest, I think Phil is going to do an errata, then finish the remaining army lists, and, as he has hinted, do a Version 2 of the main rules.
When he decides to do V2 I hope he puts in an index as the book sorely needs one.

MikeCampbell

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »
And he won't even start it until all 4 army list books are finished.

landmeister

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:23:41 AM »
Confirmed. This will not happen before year 2010!  ;D

MikeCampbell

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »
Phil's recently said he will look at some clarifications after book 2 is finished - I imagine an eratta sheet rather than a new edition tho.