Mounted are OK
0 (0%)
Foot are too cheap
0 (0%)
Footare too expensive
1 (6.3%)
Foot are OK
1 (6.3%)
Some specific types are too cheap (describe in a post)
5 (31.3%)
Some specific types are too expensive (describe in a post)
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 01, 2010, 10:59:15 PM

Author Topic: Are AP's right?  (Read 2595 times)

MikeCampbell

Are AP's right?
« on: February 24, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »
Running for 5 days, results after its closed - a new version is due this weekend, so please have a look at it first.

you are allowed up to 4 votes - meant to limit it to 2, but if you can make 4 choices that are not contradictory then well done!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:03:39 PM by MikeCampbell »

MikeCampbell

Re: Are AP's right?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:07:40 PM »
My initial votes:

-Inf are OK (mostly),
-some specifics are too cheap (Lh(S))
-and others too expensive (other (S) types with quick kills)

All (S) troops that had a quick kill have lost it - that is a big deal IMO, and makes many of them over priced - these are mostly mounted - Kn(S), (X) when counting as (S), but also Bd(S), Wb(S)

Many mounted seem to have lost their mojo but Lh(S) seems to be the new supertroops, even beating Cv(S), which is just weirrd
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:09:33 PM by MikeCampbell »

Orcoteuthis

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:38:23 PM »
Not a lot of firm opinions on 1.1 cost/benefit ratios yet - hard to form them when the rules change between every few games I play! - but I'm starting to think that Reg Bd (S/O) are too expensive: there's not too much they're better than Sp against anymore, and a some things they're worse against (notably Bw and Ax, in curious reversal of where DBx started). Better terrain skills are not to be sneered at, but worth 2AP?

Reg Sp (S) and Reg Bd (O) both being 7AP in particular seems wrong.

The cost difference between Reg and Irr Cv (S) is clearly too small, but I'm unsure if the former should go up or the later should go down.

Cm (S) may need a price reduction after the double whammy of becoming worse against foot and losing the QK on Kn.

j_e_bohn

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:06:59 AM »
Irr LH(S) are too cheap in relation to their benefits
I don't like special troop types having benefits on the same AP others do not have. E.g. "Elephant killer" Ax(S)
Wb(S) are too expensive or have too much ME
(S) troops die as fast as (O) troops but are a lot more expensive

LawrenceG

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
I voted that some are too cheap and some are too expensive.

Experience will show which ones they are, but I suspect Wb, Irr Cv(S) and Irr Brilliant generals are too expensive, Kn(S), Reg Bg(F) and Reg DBE Bw(X) too cheap.

arnimlueck

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 12:18:07 PM »
For me there are few things to fix in AP:

Based on 1.0 and the 4 testgames of 1.1 I had so far: rSpS, rSpO, Sh, rArtS, rArtO, Galleys

All other things should be done in Game rules in term of maneuver and fighting ability.