Author Topic: Where will I be able to order DBMM 2.0 when it comes out?  (Read 3653 times)

foxgom

Where will I be able to order DBMM 2.0 when it comes out?
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »
 ???

MikeCampbell

Re: Where will I be able to order DBMM 2.0 when it comes out?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »
Presumably from whoever publishes it - and until someone knows that there's no answer!

Valentinian Victor

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »
Phil has said the first product published under the revived WRG banner will be DBMM V2.0. He has rather strangely said it will be for sale the end of February, but I think more like April/May at the rate he is proposing changes at the moment!

Tim Child

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 12:02:24 AM »
The thing with Phil's pronouncements is that we just don't know.  I'm sure that when he typed it, he meant it - but what exactly did he mean by "buy".

He might mean "It'll be available from the printers by the end of Feb."  That sounds tight to me, but he may well just publish and be damned at that point.  There have been plenty of calls from people of the DBMMlist over January asking him to do that (and then he goes and changes the mounted(S) vs foot grading again....)

Or he might have meant that from the end of Feb you can pre-order. 

Or - anything!

Tim Child

rob

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »
Hi

we now know that DBMM v2 is frozen and will be sent to the printers by the new publishers "WRG" (aka WRG2).
However Phil has also recently said on the list that they do not intend to sell single copies and that these will be distributed via Amazon.co.uk. This makes me think that WRG will sell to Amazon, shops and online retailers (miniatures companies?) and maybe have stands at some UK shows. But this is guessing on my part.

It is actually already listed on Amazon as available to pre-order but Phil implied that they had jumped the gun and someone else said that they tend to automatically list new ISBNs and worry about contacting the publishers afterward (or never!).

One other interesting tit-bit, Phil said on list that all army list books would revert to WRG so presumably it means you will be able to buy them from WRG too...but as Tim said, what he means by what he says is anyone's guess!

rgds
rob

landmeister

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »
Any news for foreigners? Version 2.0 can't be bought ouf of Britain and WRG is silent. Could someone help?  :'(

Thank you.

Valentinian Victor

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
DBMM V2 will be shipping to Monarch, and therefore Amazon, this Wednesday, this is according to the guy on the Monarch stand at the Rampage.

landmeister

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 04:16:09 PM »
Thank you very much.  ;)