Author Topic: DBMM at Cancon 2008  (Read 2792 times)

Barritus

DBMM at Cancon 2008
« on: September 03, 2007, 08:05:54 AM »
Folks

Cancon is Australia's largest miniatures convention, and is held over the Australia Day long weekend (late January) each year.

There will be a DBMM competition at Cancon 2008. It will be 400 points, using DBMM Book 3 and the Appendix IV amendments to DBM Books 1, 2 and 4.

The umpire will be me *. I'll only play to keep the numbers even.

* This is dependent on my children, who will be born later this year. If I can't be present, someone else has agreed to fill in.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:51:47 PM by Geoff Pearson »

Barritus

Re: DBMM at Cancon
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 05:26:14 AM »
Folks

This is the first time DBMM has been offered at Cancon, and only one of the four proposed list books has yet been published. Put this
together, and we have a competition which I hope no one is going to take too seriously. To help you, Chris and Peter, your umpires, have assembled these instructions...

1. Rules: There are some interpretations and errata available at [www.dbmm.org.uk]. Please check them out before the competition.
Peter has created a DBMM rules index, and you will be given a copy at the start of the competition to help you find things in the rule book.

2. Lists: DBMM List book 3 has been published, and all armies from that book are to be used as published (taking into account errata).
For armies from DBM List books 1, 2 and 4, use the amendments specified in Appendix IV of the DBMM rule book.

3. List checkers: The list checkers are Chris Jolley (Chris.Jolley(at)mottmac.com) and David Mather (mather(at)ntlworld.com), two DBMM
players from the UK. Please send your list to one of these gentlemen, and they will check your list in accordance with these instructions.
If your list is okay, they'll let you and us know, but if there are any problems, they'll get in contact with you.

4. Baggage: There are no specific rules covering the baggage of armies in DBM List books 1, 2 and 4.. While Phil Barker has made a
few general statements, nothing has been published. As a result, we've drawn up our own interpretations, which apply only to Cancon.

a: No army can use Baggage(S) unless in the list.

b: If you wish to use Army Baggage, then it must be Regular if your C-in-C is regular, otherwise Irregular. You can use Baggage (O) or (I) as you wish, keeping in mind that only Baggage (O) can be protected by TF.

c: If you wish to use Command Baggage, then it must be Regular if the command's general is regular, otherwise Irregular. You can use
Baggage (O) or (I) as you wish, keeping in mind that only Baggage (O) can be protected by TF.

d: You can use Baggage (F) as Army Baggage only if the entire army contains only mounted and Psiloi elements.

e: You can use Baggage (F) as Command Baggage only if the command contains only mounted and Psiloi elements.

5. Umpiring: Chris and Peter will be your umpires throughout the competition. However, if either of us is in a prize-winning position at the end of the fourth round, that player will stand aside from umpiring for rounds five and six.

6. Questions: If you have any, please email either Chris or Peter.

7: Fun: Remember to have plenty of it.

Peter and Chris

Geoff Pearson

• Administrator
  • Ax(O)
    • View Profile
    • Manchester Area Wargames Society
Re: DBMM at Cancon
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »
Cancon (Australia) DBMM Results from Peter Barrett Excel sheet.