Author Topic: DBMM100 Tournament - Sunday 30th March - Huddersfield, UK  (Read 1353 times)

Grumble_goat

DBMM100 Tournament - Sunday 30th March - Huddersfield, UK
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:48:55 AM »
DBMM100 Tournament

Date: Sunday 30th March 2008
Venue:
Latvian Welfare Club, 1 Belmont Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 5BZ ? a mere 10 minute walk from Huddersfield Train Station.
Time: 10am ? 4pm
Entry Fee: ?3.00
Prize Support very kindly provided by:

Essex Miniatures: www.essexminiatures.co.uk
Irregular Miniatures: www.irregularminiatures.co.uk
Baueda Wargames: www.baueda.com
& Bob Mcleish

The tournament format will be Open, using 125AP armies on 30?x30? boards (which will be provided). All games will be an hour long, and will use the DBMM100 variant rules and VP scoring from the DBMM rulebook. Army lists must be legal and conform to the element minima & maxima outlined in the DBMM100 variant rules and the DBM Bk I, II & IV and DBMM Bk III army lists. Ideally players should submit army lists in advance for checking by the organiser.  Players will be encouraged to bring terrain features appropriate to their army, although there will be some terrain available on the day. Although it is a competition the emphasis will definitely be on having fun, and new/inexperienced players will be most welcome.

I?m proposing that players are grouped into even numbered groups with each player playing each other in their group once. The player with the most points from each group will then move on to a quarter final/semi final draw, with the eventual finalists playing each other with a pair of opposed armies provided by the organiser. Initial groupings will, where possible, be formed along historical lines, ideally Biblical, Classical, Dark Ages, & Mediaeval.
The players not progressing from the group stages have the option to play on, competing to become ?the best of the rest?

Prizes will be awarded for 1st & 2nd place, the ?best of the rest?, with further prizes for best painted army and best scratch built terrain.

I?d appreciate it if any interested players could email me at badly_drawn_bob@fsmail.net

Hope to see some of you soon
Bob Mcleish