Author Topic: I stab at dbmm 200 Rajputs (III/10)  (Read 3537 times)

john_dbmm

I stab at dbmm 200 Rajputs (III/10)
« on: December 12, 2009, 02:13:04 PM »
Hi!

Ive put together a list for Rajputs, at the 200 lvl to start with. The prospect is to increase my DBA Rajputs minis to this later on. I would really appreciate to get some thoughts comments on it.

The List:

C-in-C, Irr KnF
1 x Irr El(O)
4 x Irr KnF
3 x Irr Bw(I)
1 x Irr Bd(F)
1 x Irr Hd(O)

ME: 17

Ally Gen, Irr Kn(F)
1 x Irr El(O)
5 x Irr KnF
2 x Irr Bw(I)
1 x Irr Bd(F)
1 x Irr Hd(O)

ME 18

Ally gen, Irr El(O)
1 x Irr El(O)
1 x Irr KnF
2 x Irr Bw(I)
4 x Irr Bd(F)
1 x Irr Hd(O)

ME 11,5

Army tot ME 46,5, 240 pts

Stratagem: Ambush.

The idea is to press the flanks with the Kn-cmds and "hold" the center with the El-cmd. Ambush to hold impetuous Kn/Bd and to gain ground.

Reflections: I find 3 ally-gens to be a bit restrictive in dbmm200 - the minimum troops amounts to about 160pts and for instance includes compulsory 3 Hd of which only 1 would be compulsory in a "sub-general-list".

Thougts?

arnimlueck

Re: I stab at dbmm 200 Rajputs (III/10)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
the list seems certainly too difficult to play for me. Each command has a complete mix of fast/slow, mounted/infantry, impetuous/non-spontaneous troops. The ambush idea helps but an ambush does NOT guarantee that your favourite target just come by to say hello in front of the ambush.
With me as a player this army goes down after 2 bounds of lousy PIP dice.

My recommendation is to simplify the troop mix and to give anothe 1/2 ME to command C.

john_dbmm

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
Yup, the mix is a bugger but im not used to use ally generals (mandatory for the rajputs) - I must have the obligatory troops in every command right?

Further the probable amendment re El and mixed formations makes Bd(f)/El formations workable.

Ill give it a go, with some proxys though ,in a while and try it out.

Orcoteuthis

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:41:01 AM »
You need to have at least 1/4 of compulsory minima in each ally general's command. That's to say, the CinC doesn't have to command any compulsories (except his own element!) if you don't want him to.

john_dbmm

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »
Ah! Thank you!