Author Topic: Hindu Indian III/10 Rajputs with sub-generals allowed?  (Read 3390 times)

Hathroha

Hindu Indian III/10 Rajputs with sub-generals allowed?
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »
See option Only Rajputs: Replace all sub-generals and any ally-generals with Rajput ally-generals:   0-3 elements.

So I can choose 1x CiC  plus 2x sub-generals  plus 1 Rajput ally-general El, all on El (O), as the Rajput leaders.

But read the comments about Rajputs at the last but one line on page 11: "... cannot include any sub-generals." - but this does not correspond to the "replace 0-3", isn't it?

Would appreciate your clarification. Thanks in advance

Orcoteuthis

Re: Hindu Indian III/10 Rajputs with sub-generals allowed?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:06:08 AM »
See option Only Rajputs: Replace all sub-generals and any ally-generals with Rajput ally-generals:   0-3 elements.

So I can choose 1x CiC  plus 2x sub-generals  plus 1 Rajput ally-general El, all on El (O), as the Rajput leaders.
No you can't - you're not replacing all subgenerals here. If you chose any subbies, you have to replace them if Rajput.

Hathroha

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:35:38 AM »
If I understand you right, if Only Rajput:
I CANNOT HAVE SUB-GENs but up to 3 Rajput Ally gens Kn(F), and you MUST replace the CiC on El by Kn(F).

Sorry, I don't get it, my confusion is still the wording with the replacement range:
Only Rajput:...Replace ALL sub-generals and any ally gen...0-3

But transferring your interpretation to the army list, shouldn't it say...1-3 ?
Because they state 0-2 sub-gen and 1-2 Ally gen of same nation.
1 Ally gen must be replaced anyway.
A choosen 2nd Ally Gen and 1 sub-gen have to be replaced by Rajput Ally gen then.

But the ZERO in ...0-3 in the Rajput section doesn't it simply mean
"If I do not want a pure Ally army, I can choose 2 Rajput sub-gen on El, and 1-2 Ally gen also on El of same (Rajput) nation, instead of replacing them by Rajput Ally gen Kn(F)" ?
The same question for the Rajput CiC, can be on El instead Kn(F) then (...0-1)?

Would you help once again?

Orcoteuthis

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:24:51 PM »
If I understand you right, if Only Rajput:
I CANNOT HAVE SUB-GENs but up to 3 Rajput Ally gens Kn(F), and you MUST replace the CiC on El by Kn(F).
Correct.
Sorry, I don't get it, my confusion is still the wording with the replacement range:
Only Rajput:...Replace ALL sub-generals and any ally gen...0-3

But transferring your interpretation to the army list, shouldn't it say...1-3 ?
Because they state 0-2 sub-gen and 1-2 Ally gen of same nation.
1 Ally gen must be replaced anyway.
No. A sub-gen must be replaced. An ally-gen may be replaced.

As it happens, it makes no practical difference that you can keep ally-gens as is, as one of the things you can replace them with is an Irr El (O) ally, ie. what they start as, but as the list is written, you don't have to replace any junior generals unless some of them are sub-generals.
A choosen 2nd Ally Gen and 1 sub-gen have to be replaced by Rajput Ally gen then.
Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but as per above, you never have to replace ally-gens with Rajput ally-gens.
But the ZERO in ...0-3 in the Rajput section doesn't it simply mean
"If I do not want a pure Ally army, I can choose 2 Rajput sub-gen on El, and 1-2 Ally gen also on El of same (Rajput) nation, instead of replacing them by Rajput Ally gen Kn(F)" ?
The same question for the Rajput CiC, can be on El instead Kn(F) then (...0-1)?
A Rajput CinC cannot be on an elephant, and he cannot have any sub-generals. In Phil's judgement, no Rajput princeling would be loyal and dependable enough to count as a subg-general. However, his ally-gens can be either on horse or elephant.

Hathroha

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:53:19 PM »
Thanks Andreas, clear now.

Orcoteuthis

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:33 PM »
Happy to help.  :)