Author Topic: Players in New England  (Read 4673 times)

Megabysus

Players in New England
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
Finally tried MM2.0 and would like to play more.

Have both 15mm and 25mm armies.

Novice "MM player, but familiar with other DBx games.

drusilla1998

Re: Players in New England
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
Where in New England are you, as we have a group of twelve players in New Jersey.

Megabysus

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »
 ;) I'm a strong 7 hour drive from NJ, just north of Concord, NH. But thanks for the encouragement. Maybe we'll run into each other at CW. I will practice solo for the time being.   :(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:38:03 PM by Megabysus »

drusilla1998

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:46:36 PM »
I am running the DBMM tournament at Cold Wars.  Any chance you can participate?

Megabysus

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 03:20:11 AM »
I thought that might have been you Lou, I saw some of your posts on TMP.

I'm hoping to make it, weather permitting. There is a lot of FoG player here and not much interest in DBMM. My play testing is slow but after 4 years away from ancients, it feels good to come home again to DBMM.

drusilla1998

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »
I was one of those FoG players, as I ran all the games at our club.  I enjoyed the games, but there always seemed to be something missing.  When I would see PIKE blocks turning 90 degrees, contracting, then expanding, that just didn't sit right with me.  I went on to play Impetus, then Hail Caesar, but again, something was missing.

DBMM has answered all those missing issues I had.  Now when you make a mistake with your setup, it can cost you the battle, whereas, with those other rules systems, you just had to move those units to another part of the battlefield with little conseauence or command issue.    IMHO.

Hopefully you will get to attend Cold Wars and play, as I believe that there will be a fair turnout, with some players coming from as far as Canada, as well as several of us from New Jersey.

I am hoping that some of the FoG gaming community will try DBMM, as many of them were playing DBM previously.

Lou

Barritus

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
Lou

Good luck with encouraging people into the world of DBMM.

Here in Canberra (Australia) we have a vibrant community of half a dozen players or so, and a couple of newbies. There will probably be around 20 people at the 6 round comp at Cancon at the end of January.

I agree that DBMM provides that 'something missing' in ancients miniatures gaming, whether through the use of Brilliant Generals, stratagems or the struggle to make the best use of the handful of PIPs the dice have granted you this bound.

drusilla1998

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 02:05:08 AM »
Tuesday eening, will be our first DBMM gaming night at Maplewood Hobby, in Maplewood NJ.  So far, there are seven confirmed attendees and I am very pleased.  it appears that we will have as many as ten players on a good night, so there is a chance that DBMM will do very well in New Jersey.

Hopefully, this will translate to a good turnout for Cold Wars, which is the major winter convention in the U.S.