Author Topic: Winning with Late Imperial Romans  (Read 1021 times)

Barritus

• Kn(S)
    • View Profile
Winning with Late Imperial Romans
« on: September 02, 2021, 10:51:35 AM »
How do you do it?

It's a list with tremendous variety and plenty of potential, but I've never worked out how to make a successful go of it.

Does anyone have any ideas, clues or suggestions? Has anyone had success with one in an open competition?

Cheers

Peter

LawrenceG1

• Bd(O)
    • View Profile
Re: Winning with Late Imperial Romans
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 04:17:24 PM »
The higher scoring players using it at the Milan ITC tend to win 1 game, sometimes 2 (out of  4 ) (based on the records I've kept). In 2018 Fabio Terpin scored 73 points off his 4 games, I don't know the separate results.

The army has so many options it may take a lot of experimentation to find the design that works for you.

One of the players in the UK has done very well with the inert version, with 4 Art(F) shooting over Bw. It's not unbeatable, though. Greg Russel used the inert version at CANCON a couple of years ago, I don't know if he won any games but he probably did.

You can extend your options by using mostly the same figures for Patrician Roman.

LawrenceG1

• Bd(O)
    • View Profile
Re: Winning with Late Imperial Romans
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 11:16:08 AM »
How do you do it?

It's a list with tremendous variety and plenty of potential, but I've never worked out how to make a successful go of it.

Does anyone have any ideas, clues or suggestions? Has anyone had success with one in an open competition?

Cheers

Peter

Another way of looking at this is to ask : When you use armies that you do win with, how do you win?