Author Topic: Later crusaders  (Read 3683 times)

raoull27

Later crusaders
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:19:46 PM »
Hello,

Sorry for me english, I'm living in the other side of the channel.

In the later crusaders list,The Kn  can fight dismonted as blade in the book IV?

At the Battle of hattin, a great part of knight fought on foot.

Thanks

captain_crusader

Re: Later crusaders
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:12:16 AM »
This would probably be covered by them dismounting to enter difficult terrain (ie the Horns of Hattin where they made their last stand - although their is no provision for a difficult hill in the Crusaders home list) - however in the rules they can only do this if it is occupied by the enemy...

I think this is a bit of an anomaly, there should be some provision for dismounting some knights even if it wasn't common practise...

Barritus

Re: Later crusaders
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 02:24:31 PM »
Hello,

Sorry for me english, I'm living in the other side of the channel.

In the later crusaders list,The Kn  can fight dismonted as blade in the book IV?

At the Battle of hattin, a great part of knight fought on foot.

Thanks

Hello Raoull, and welcome to the DBMM list.

Do not worry about your English. It is much better than my French.

There is no description in the DBM Book 4 list which allows the Kn to dismount. Therefore they can only dismount in accordance with the DBMM rules on page 10 (to enter difficult going, to embark, if less than 400 paces from enemy War Wagons on a hill or fortifications, or if a general).

The DBMM version of Book 4 is not being discussed yet. When it is (which will probably be later this year), you may like to make this suggestion again, on the DBMM Yahoogroups email list.