Author Topic: Teutonic Order IV/30  (Read 6948 times)

Jagiello

Teutonic Order IV/30
« on: July 24, 2008, 07:34:31 PM »
Hi all.

I have a question regarding Foot Sergeants.

Still referring to the DBM lists, the Teutonic Order may use a certain number of Sp and Bw providing that one also selects "foot sergeants"... Yet these are not listed in the troop options.

The nearest I can find are the German Knights which dismount as Bd of equivalent training.

Would I be safe therefore in assuming these elusive foot sergeants are Reg Bd (S) .?

Or have I completely missed something.?

Cheers
J

Barritus

Re: Teutonic Order IV/30
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:35:23 PM »
According to errata on the BHGS site, delete the word "sergeants" from the notes.

arnimlueck

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 01:00:34 PM »
as far as I know the present-day order is a re-foundation open also to non-clerical people. But I do not know exactly who they accept as members these days.

you can find a small museum and headquarter in Bad Mergentheim, 45 minutes east from Stuttgart in SW Germany for further investigation

for pure tourism purposes the Marienfeste in Poland is more spectacular and more related to the baltic realm of the order

Barritus

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 04:01:25 AM »
Out of interest, how do forum denizens interpret the upgrade option for Kn after 1236?

It says that "Reg Kn" can be double-based in wedge, and that 2-12 such Kn can be so double-based.

The fact that the option is available to "Reg Kn" seems to include both the (S) and (O) Kn in the list.

My reading therefore is that you could take your 2-12 Reg Kn (O) Crusader Kn with Brueder officers, and upgrade them to Kn (S) wedges, while leaving the Ritterbrueder Kn (S) as single based.

Is that how you read it?

(Note I'm saying I would do it, just whether that's what the list says.)

Orcoteuthis

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 06:05:02 AM »
Since it's a "rebase", not a "regrade", the elements remain, notionally, the same, and keep their previous grade. Thus, you can only use Ritterbrüder and generals for the front rank and (I) vassal and crusaders as the rear rank.