Author Topic: Book 2 Army Lists Clarifications Requested  (Read 2023 times)

kilroy44

Book 2 Army Lists Clarifications Requested
« on: November 07, 2013, 02:54:15 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone provide me with definitive clarifications for these seeming anomalies in some Book 2 army lists?  I didn't see any of these issues addressed in the list clarifications v2.0.1 available elsewhere on this site.

1. List 13 Samnite:  the Etruscan allies list appears as "Bk 1/5" but the Etruscan list is actually "Bk 1/55" and so should appear as such, correct?

2.  List 20 Ptolemaic:  Trieres Reg Gal (F) @ 4 AP:  no landing troops are specified.  Is this intentional?  Or should it continue "[Reg Ax]?"  Also see #4. below.

3.  List 47 Early German:  Line 10 "Upgrade Cherusci, Batavi... long spears - Irr Wb (S)" omits the element AP cost, which should be 5 AP, correct?

Also:  "Liburnians - Reg Gal (F) @ 4 AP" but in the lists for Marian Romans (#49), EIR (#56) and MIR (#64) liburnians are all "Reg Gal (I) @ 3 AP," and liburnians are defined in the DBMM rulebook as Gal (I).   Is this difference intentional?

4. List 50 Hasmonean Jewish:  the list notes say they fought Ptolemies but the Ptolemaic list #20 does not appear in the Hasmoneans' "Enemies" list, nor does the Hasmonean list appear in the Ptolemaic "Enemies" list (may also affect DBA lists?).  Should the Ptolemaic and Hasmonean lists specify each other as enemies?

5.  List 60 Caledonian:  the inclusion of List 2/55 ("NOBADES AND BLEMMYE OR BEJA") as a "natural enemy" of the Caledonians is incorrect, is it not?

Than you in advance for any assistance.

Brian

Orcoteuthis

Re: Book 2 Army Lists Clarifications Requested
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »
1. The Etruscan allies should indubitably be from list 1/57 Etruscan League. 1/55 covers the Etruscans only until 600 BC, well before the Samnite list starts.

2. It's clearly a mistake as Gal (F) must always carry troops. What those troops should be is impossible to say, but [Reg Ax] like the larger galleys would certainly be my guess as to intent.

3. Correct re Wb (S). I have no idea wrt to the anomalous liburnians.

4. Looks like an omission.

5. Yes.